Lyoto vs Sokodjou (Sokodjou a firmado con UFC)

Aquí se habla sobre cualquier deporte de contacto (boxeo, muay thai, MMA, kickboxing, full, etc.)

Moderadores: moderador suplente, admin

Pitbulls
Forero Avanzado
Forero Avanzado

Lyoto vs Sokodjou (Sokodjou a firmado con UFC)

Mensaje por Pitbulls » 16 Nov 2007 20:05

Lyoto and the Sokodjou fight
UFC confirms bout for 12/29

The UFC organization today confirmed it hired the Cameroonian Rameau Thierry Sokodjou, and what’s more the African’s debut against the Brazilian Lyoto Machida at UFC 79, on December 29, in Las Vegas. “Sokodjou is an explosive athlete, with heavy hands and great judo. He is coming off of incredible knockouts over two guys who are in the top ten, Rogerio Minotouro and Ricardo Arona. His arrival makes the light heavyweight division that much tougher, and there are tons of fights for him in the UFC,” said Dana White, president of the American organization.

Undefeated in 11 MMA fights, the Brazilian Lyoto Machida seems not to be intimidated by the new challenge: “I’m excited about this fight. I know Sokodjou doesn’t have too many fights, but the ones he has fought were great battles, and he defeated some of the sport’s biggest names. I think it will be a great fight and I’m excited about winning it and getting on track for the division’s title,” said Lyoto.

Owner of a four win and one loss record in MMA, Sokodjou was praised by White. “Lyoto needs to face someone that will go after him. Someone to put pressure on him and set the pace, instead of Machida setting the pace. And Sokodjou is the man to do it,” ventured the big boss.

Fuente:Graciemag

Responder